"Is it my imagination, or are they having a really hard time sharing lately?"
I love it.
My sweet hubby witnessed Madison having a major tantrum after she realized that her brother was trying to share a toy with her... the first of his many attempts. I tried explaining that Madison was not only dealing with the joy of cutting her first molar (at 14 months), but trying to learn a new skill that many don't have to face for a while. James, dealing with the same tooth-issue, returned the screams, thrashing, and "love-bite". I think eventually the bruise will fade, but that is no consolation to Madison now.
Morgan, who witnessed the entire ordeal, quickly crawled out of reach, knowing that she could possibly be a casualty of the war, and started crying just at the thought.
We distracted everyone with a different toy, and the sibling quarrel soon ended. We also grabbed several other favorite toys, placed them strategically around the room, trying to avoid another disaster.
You see... at 14 months, we already have 24 teeth in our family - or maybe I should say the BABIES have 24 teeth... There are a few more trying to make their way into the world, and those are the ones that are causing us grief.
For the most part, we have AMAZING babies --- well-tempered, easily amused & amused by each other, no major illnesses, good eaters, and sleepers from 8:15 PM to 6:30 AM. Every now and then, we do have to take a deep breath, deal with some big tears and brother/sister issues, and laugh when it's over. (We've been doing a LOT of that lately)
SO what better time to reflect on the good times than now? I have to admit, I started blogging AFTER the arrival of our little ones, and never had time to do anything but updates about once a month. I missed so many photos that were my favorites! I've put a few together in one place - consider it a Cliff Notes' version of our lives (Scott, I thought you would appreciate this).
ENJOY!
Redefining Some Things
11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment