


People always told me to enjoy the babies while I could... they would grow up fast. I never believed them UNTIL I saw them change overnight! We felt Madison's tooth yesterday - first one in the group to start, so we're gearing up for the teething phase! Hard to believe these are the same babies that spent the first few weeks of their lives in the NICU!
We took them to our pediatrician yesterday, November 6th, which was their 7-month b-day. Our original visit was only to receive the 2nd part of our flu shot. The nurse asked if we wanted weights, and I thought I might as well. Good thing we had 3 adults in the office! In the course of only a few minutes, they managed to turn the little room into a zoo! Morgan quietly watched, hands folded across her chest. Madison grabbed as much paper from the examining table as she could and tried to hold every inch. James wanted in on the fun and was mad when Madison took his fair share. After watching James and Madison scoot around the table, trying to eat the paper, arguing with each other, & pulling the cords away from the wall, reality set in.
I turned to mom and asked, "It's not going to get any easier, is it?"
I turned to mom and asked, "It's not going to get any easier, is it?"
"No, honey, just different."
We finally had to laugh, watching the little ones, & realizing that we had neither been weighed NOR received our shots at that point and we were already exhausted!
We finally had to laugh, watching the little ones, & realizing that we had neither been weighed NOR received our shots at that point and we were already exhausted!
Most current weights:
Morgan - 15 lbs, 3 oz.
Morgan - 15 lbs, 3 oz.
Madison - 17 lbs, 9 oz.
James - 17 lbs, 15 oz.
Growing like weeds... what a hoot!

No comments:
Post a Comment